You are here : Home » Travel News » Tourist team cross VN by jeep

Tourist team cross VN by jeep

A squad of 36 tourists from the US and Australia will join a Trans-Viet Nam adventure by way of 13 vintage jeeps from April 24 to May 3.

For illustration only. (Photo: Internet)

A source from Hoi An City-based Rose travel service agency told Viet Nam News that the 10-day tour will start from Ha Noi and wind through the provinces of Hoa Binh, Nghe An, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Hue and Hoi An city.

Tourists themselves will drive the 1960s-manufactured military jeeps left over from the American war’s end in 1975.

“It’s the largest tour that our company has organised since our debut in 2010. Tourists really want to experience the military jeeps on the roads in Viet Nam,” said the agency’s staff Vu Xuan Hao.

She said the agency decorated and repaired the old jeeps to provide a safe service for tourists.

As scheduled, two mechanics will accompany the tour on the 1,500km adventure.

* Quang Nam offers mountain tours

A group of 12 travel agencies in the central city of Hoi An organised a survey to develop new travel routes in the mountainous districts of Quang Nam Province.

The route will wind through My Son Sanctuary, Le mountain pass and a section of the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

The tour will also include a home-stay in an ethnic village in Co Tu, Dong Giang District.

The route was developed in preparation for this year’s summer holidays which will begin in April.

* VN tourists flock to Bangkok

Vietnamese travellers continue to flock to Bangkok despite security concerns following bomb explosions in the Thai capital last week.

The HCM City-based SPSC Tour sent a group of tourists on February 14 after no cancellation or delay was requested by anyone.

Perfect Tours TravelCo. said it would send some 75 tourists to Thailand between February 22 and 27.

Vietnamese tourists do not plan to return home ahead of schedule either, HCM City tour operators said this week.

However, Saigontourist Travel Service said some travellers decided to delay their trip to Thailand or go to Hong Kong instead.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand said last week that the situation in the country was under control after the two bomb explosions.

VietNamNet/Viet Nam News

  • LINK1
  • LINK2
  • LINK3
  • LINK4